In 2021 Portsmouth City Council received funding from the National Lottery Heritage Fund (NLHF) to restore, improve and re-imagine Victoria Park in the heart of the city. A new community building, sympathetic to the park’s natural landscape and history, will provide a focal point for an exciting programme of activities to safeguard and communicate the park’s heritage, improve wellbeing and build a community in the park.
We are inviting people to be part of this exciting project by sponsoring a tile on the entrance of our community building – The Green House.
Summary of Tile Sponsorship Scheme
- Your personalised tile will be installed on the wall of The Green House, Victoria Park, Stanhope Road, Portsmouth, PO1 3HJ.
- There are approximately 150 sponsored tiles spaces available.
- We are asking for a minimum contribution of £120 inc VAT to the Victoria Park Project. VAT is payable for individuals and businesses; some charities may be exempt. The project is managed by Portsmouth City Council.
- Your tile will be in place for a minimum of 10 years, and where possible will be replaced if damaged. After 10 years PCC will offer a new sponsorship scheme and your tile can be renewed or will be removed.
- From ordering to installation may take up to 3 months.
- There are three designs to choose from – see order form for details.
- A Celebration event e.g birthday, marriage, anniversary, milestones, etc
- Dedicate to an Individual, Family or Group
- Local charity or community group
- Local business that wants to show support to the project
Your contribution will help us to protect the heritage of Victoria Park well into the future, ensuring it is preserved for the enjoyment of future Portsmouth generations.
Please visit the Tiles page for details