Based on the outcomes of our consultations we will be putting new infrastructure into the park.
There is strong demand for a central community hub, toilet facilities and an area in the park for cultural events. We are committed to limiting the negative impact of any building work on the park and the wider environment, as such a sustainability audit will be conducted as part of the architectural plans.
We aim to make the new building as green as possible with aspects such as an air source heat pump, grey water recycling and a green roof.
Our infrastructure design plans include:
- a new community hub – a multi-use space for learning, volunteering, arts projects and more
- toilet facilities for the park
- a focal point for cultural events in the park
- community gardening space
- modernising the aviary
- restoring the centenary fountain
- work to enhance the setting for the memorials
- improved opportunities for children’s play
- benches and shelter for people with limited mobility
- sheltered space for informal groups in winter
- picnic benches, particularly near the playground
- recycling bins
- bike stands