Join us for our first community fair on Saturday 10 July (11am-2pm) for an afternoon of family fun. There will be stalls from local makers and community groups, workshops, live performances and children’s activities. You’ll also be able to enjoy talks and walks about the park’s history, monuments and trees hosted by local experts. The fair will take place on the lawns in the southern section of the park.
- Over 30 stalls from local makers, community groups and charities
- Taster workshops from groups including the Wildlife Trust, Aspex Gallery, Good Mental Health Coop and Portsmouth Ambassadors
- Family activities and games including a new children’s animal trail and a Conan Doyle mystery trail
- Performances by Red Sauce Theatre Company and local dance group Fit ‘n’ Funkey
- Talks and walks on the trees of the park, the park’s history and naval memorials
- Bring a picnic or enjoy food and drink from the café in the park as well as several food stalls
- Public toilets will also be available during the event.
Find out more about Victoria Park’s future plans
You can also find out about the plans for the future of Victoria Park. See our ideas for a new community hub and children’s playground, and hear about how the park will be used to bring the community together through events, education programmes and volunteering opportunities. If you would like to see the plans but are unable to come along on 10 July, you will be able to view the ideas on the website after the event.
We have completed a full risk assessment for this event in consultation with public health and planned it in line with coronavirus safety measures. The stalls, workshops and talks will be outside or in open-sided marquees. We will be asking people to:
- Check in to the event using the NHS Covid 19 app
- Make space for others and avoid gathering in large groups
- Use hand sanitiser provided
- Feel free to wear face coverings if you prefer in busier areas
- Bubble areas will be marked out on grass so that people can keep a safe distance from others during performances.